The 7 Ginger Side Effects You Didn’t Know About
Ginger is native to Indomalaya and people cultivate it in an attempt to reinforce their bodies, however, no one is aware of the ginger side effects. Surely, you have heard many times about the befits of ginger. However, have you ever wondered if there are any ginger side effects to it? What bad could possibly come out of this miraculous veggie?
Well, let’s find out. Certainly, if you add a little common sense, there is a bad side to anything. And that’s the case with ginger. These contradictions exist and must be taken into precaution in order to avoid experiencing any harmful effects it may have on the body.
Ginger is a plant that offers many benefits to the body. It can be consumed dry, fresh, in tea or simply by taking advantage of its extract. In traditional Chinese medicine, it has been used for 2,000 years. Especially for the treating cramps, diarrhea, nausea, migraine and, even, arthritis.
Ginger Properties and It’s Benefits
– It contains expectorant, antibacterial and antioxidant properties
– Its thermogenic properties improve metabolism, which speeds up digestion and reduces inflammation in the intestines
– It decreases nausea because it is a natural antiemetic
– It regulates blood circulation due to its high content of magnesium and zinc
– Reduces stress levels, since it contains cineol that produces a relaxing effect
– It improves the absorption of nutrients since it increases the stimulation of the stomach and the function of the enzymes
– It fights migraines because it blocks the production of prostaglandin, a substance that inflames blood vessels
However, sometimes its consumption is counterproductive and causes it to affect negatively on our general health. If people are consuming an inappropriate intake of ginger, this can lead to aggravating certain diseases. Therefore, it is advisable not to consume it in case of:
– Gastric necks
– Irritable colon
What is the reason behind this? This rhizome inflames the mucous membranes causing abdominal pain and cramping. Pay attention to the following points, if for some reason you present some, it is better to refrain from consuming ginger.
The 7 Ginger Side Effects
1. In case you are taking anticoagulants
2. During Pregnancy
3. Problems with Hypertension
5. Unwanted weight loss
7. Problems in the heart
It is important not to be a victim of any of the ginger contraindications. You can use this article and remember to use small or sufficient portions to flavor the dishes. It can also be added as another ingredient in salads.
It is best to buy it fresh because it contains more gingerols. When buying it in powder it is important that you verify that it is of organic origin to avoid pesticides. On the other hand, it can be stored without peeling for up to 6 months, you can keep it in the refrigeration, preferably in glass containers and away from sunlight.